Take advantage of low-interest financing to jump-start your heating and cooling home upgrade project. In collaboration with CSE and The Energy Network, Matadors Community Credit Union offers eligible homeowners low-interest rate financing on residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) projects.
Comfort - Improve your home to stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Healthy Living - Improve indoor air quality with a residential HVAC upgrade.
Special Financing — Take advantage of low rates so you can start your upgrade sooner.
Fast Approval Process — Benefit from our quick 24-hour loan preapproval process.
- HVAC projects must be completed by a Cool Comfort Financing Participating Contractor.
- The property is served by at least one of the following utilities: Southern California Edison (SCE), Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) or San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E).
- Properties in the counties of Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo are not eligible.
- The property is a single-family home (attached or detached). The home has a central, forced-air HVAC system and is not heated by propane fuel.
- Homeowner or contractor ensure compliance with applicable local permitting requirements associated with the financed work.
Qualifying HVAC Upgrades
|HVAC Installation||Minimum Energy Efficiency Requirement|
|Central Air Conditioning Unit|
15 SEER and 12 EER
Central Forced Air Furnace
8 HSPF, 15 SEER and 12 EER
+ The project must include one of the following duct improvements to ensure HVAC efficiency:
Combination of duct sealing and duct insulation sealed to ≤ 10% leakage and insulated to ≥ R-8.
Duct replacement sealed to ≤ 6% leakage with ≥ R-8 replacement ducts.
Financing Amounts: $2,500-$15,000
Type of Loan: Unsecured**
No prepayment penalites or closing costs.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Stated rates include a 0.50% discount for automatic payments and are based on a certain level of credit worthiness. At stated rates, monthly payments per $1,000 funded are: 5 year term: 4.99% - $18.87 10 year term: 5.99% - $11.10 Rates are subject to change at any time. Must meet credit and income criteria. Membership required. Equal opportunity lender. Loan value may equal amount of qualifying scope of work. Rates subject to scope of work review.
** If unsecured, a UCC-1 lien may be required.