Leaders 2020 Nonprofit Leadership Training Powered by BoardNEXT
When: Saturday, April 7th from 9 am - 5 pm and Sunday, April 8th from 9 am - 1 pm
Where: Center for Sustainable Energy, 9325 Sky Park Ct, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123
Leaders 2020 presents the Nonprofit Leadership Training powered by BoardNEXT. The Nonprofit Leadership Training is an innovative program that bridges the gap between young professionals and nonprofit board service. Part training, part Match.com for nonprofit boards, we prepare emerging leaders for impactful board service and get them on a path toward a robust civic career. The core component of the program is BoardNEXT, a training series designed for Millennials by Millennials in partnership with our region’s leading nonprofit resources. Key topics include:
- Board member roles and responsibilities
- Fiduciary, strategic and generative thinking
- Advocating for the cause
- How to be yourself in the boardroom
- Serving as an ambassador
- Organizational effectiveness
- Financial management for board members
Benefit to young professionals?
- Support the causes you believe in and make a difference in your community
- See how business and the civic community in San Diego works
- Engage and connect with the most influential players
- Accelerate your career and receive a certificate upon completion of the program
What does the program look like?
- Leaders 2020 will identify 20 participants to partake in the program
- After the program, we will assist in networking with boards of nonprofit organizations by hosting a Board Matching Event for graduates of the program
- $175 - General Program Fee (Non-member)
- $125 - Program Fee for Leaders 2020 Members
- We will also be giving out 1-3 sponsorships to those who are unable to afford the full program fee (sponsorship dependent on need)
- Program fees are due once your application is accepted.
EXTENDED! Applications due April 4th.
Suite 100 - Discovery Room
San Diego, CA 92123