Is your jurisdiction in compliance with state mandates for expedited permitting for residential and small business solar energy installations?
Passed in 2014, California AB 2188 requires each city and county to adopt an ordinance creating a streamlined solar permitting process by September 30, 2015. It’s not too late to start now and bring your jurisdiction into compliance.
During this webinar, speakers from jurisdictions that adopted expedited solar permitting ordinances will share their experiences and provide insight into a recommended approach to AB 2188 compliance. The Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) will also discuss the AB 2188 resources and no-cost assistance we offer to jurisdictions and solar contractors.
This webinar will review the following resources that will help your jurisdiction meet AB 2188 compliance:
- Technical Assistance: In-house code experts at CSE can help jurisdictions and solar contractors understand and implement streamlined solar permitting processes that conform to the California Solar Permitting Guidebook
- Solar Roadmap: Benchmark your community, track progress and reach your clean energy and economic development goals
- AB 2188 Implementation Map: See which California cities and counties have adopted an ordinance that creates a streamlined, expedited permitting process for small residential rooftop solar energy systems
- Recognition Program: SunShot is recognizing jurisdictions that have taken actions to advance the adoption of solar PV through more efficient and streamlined permitting practices
- Success Studies: Learn best practices from jurisdictions that have adopted expedited solar permitting ordinances
For more information, email Marcus.Gilmore@energycenter.org or call (213) 805-7266.