Subscribe and get the latest updates, news, events and more...
ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY - Charge Up & Take the Wheel
Saturday, September 28, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
2401 Truxtun Road
San Diego, CA 92106
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Charged up about electric vehicles (EVs)? Bring your family and friends for this one-day-only opportunity to get “plugged into” the future of transportation.
And, if you already own an EV, come to the event, park it on display along with other cars belonging to EV drivers, and network with your local community as part of the National Plug In Day celebration. (Please note that this opportunity is on a first-come, first-served basis as parking spaces are limited.)
Attendees at ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY can:
- Get behind the wheel and test-drive a variety of EVs, including (subject to change):
- Chevy Spark EV
- Chevy Volt
- Fiat 500e
- Ford C-Max Energi
- Ford Focus EV
- Ford Fusion Energi
- Nissan LEAF
- Toyota Plug-In Prius
- Toyota RAV4 EV
- VIA Motors Extended Cab Pick-up Truck
- BMW i3 (passenger rides only)
- Tesla Model S (passenger rides only)
- Check out EV chargers and find out more about other plug-in technologies. Learn how easy it is to charge an EV at home or throughout the San Diego region, with more than 500 public charging stations available.
- Get your questions answered from San Diego Gas & Electric about special EV rates that can help drivers pay the lowest price for EV fuel when charging from midnight to 5 a.m.
- Learn about state and federal incentives available for zero-emission and plug-in electric vehicles from the EV experts from the California Center for Sustainable Energy.
- Find out about life as an EV owner from your neighbors who already have made the switch to this cleaner, more energy-independent vehicle option.
Get more details by reading the Frequently Asked Questions.
Mark your calendars! Don’t miss out. Plan on joining us at San Diego’s ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY on September 28!
ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY is presented by:
Corporate Sponsors: NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, CADILLAC and CHEVROLET
Regional Sponsors: California Center for Sustainable Energy, San Diego Gas & Electric and San Diego Regional Clean Cities Coalition
National Plug In Day Sponsors: Plug In America, Sierra Club and Electric Vehicle Association
Electric Vehicle Day Organizer: Electric Power Research Institute
San Diego, CA 92106