Annual SANDEE Awards
Award Program Overview
The objective of the San Diego Excellence in Energy (SANDEE) Awards is to recognize outstanding projects and activities that have achieved significant energy savings and/or contributions toward the goals of the San Diego Regional Energy Strategy 2030 through the implementation of energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy measures and CO2 reduction in San Diego County.
Regional supply constraints, rising fuel and electricity costs, load growth and increasing transportation issues within the region present challenges to businesses, public agencies and homeowners alike. However, these challenges also present opportunities to achieve a secure, sustainable energy future through activities that lower costs, increase profits, protect the environment, improve the economy, and enhance our quality of life. The SANDEE Awards committee feels that it is important to recognize those organizations and individuals who are working to meet these challenges.
The SANDEE Awards recognize participants in the following categories:
- Outstanding Organizational Achievement
(outstanding achievements by: a business, non-profit, government or institutional organization)
- Outstanding Individual Achievement
(outstanding achievements by an individual)
- Special Achievement in Energy by a Medium to Large Business
(for businesses with over 50 employees)
- Special Achievement in Energy by a Small Business
(for businesses with 50 and under employees)
- Special Achievement in Energy by a Government or Institutional Agency
(for local, state and federal government, school, college or university)
- Special Achievement in Energy by a Nonprofit
(for groups that are designated by the Federal Government as “not-for-profit”)
- Special Achievement in Transportation
(for all types of transportation including personal, fleets and mass transit)
- Special Achievement in Education
(for energy education programs)
- Special Achievement in Energy by a Homeowner
(for any residential homeowner in San Diego County)
The SANDEE Awards may recognize notable energy achievements occurring in buildings (residential and non-residential), transportation, infrastructure (water, energy, telecommunications, waste), education, advocacy and/or outreach. Methods for these achievements may include projects, programs, products and/or services. These achievements may include one or more of the following applications: energy efficiency, energy conservation or renewable energy.
- The SANDEE Awards Program is open to participants meeting the requirements for the above-listed activities occurring within the San Diego County geographic area.
- Projects can be either retrofit or new construction.
- Renewable power projects may be utility grid-connected or stand-alone systems.
- Sponsoring organizations and/or their employees are not eligible to participate.
- Participants that have previously obtained awards are eligible to participate again given that the nomination is for a new project/activity.
- Multiple applications can be submitted in different categories.
Nominee submissions will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Energy Savings
- C02 Emission Reduction
- Cost Savings
- Community & Environmental Benefits
Each nomination will be carefully reviewed by an Awards Selection Committee consisting of energy experts from the public and private sectors.
All SANDEE Award winners will be recognized at the Annual SANDEE Awards Reception. Runners-up will also be recognized at the reception. It is not a requirement of the program that all potential awards be given. All award winners will receive mentions in the California Center for Sustainable Energy newsletter and website.
For More Information
For questions about the SANDEE Awards, please contact Ashley Watkins at 858-244-4874
Photos Highlights for the latest SANDEE Award
SANDEE Awards Pictures
Legal Note: “The SANDEE Awards,” “The San Diego Excellence in Energy Awards” and program logo are copyright protected and/or service marks of The California Center for Sustainable Energy.