The Solmetric SunEye is a handheld electronic device that allows users to assess total potential solar energy given the shading of a particular site. Identifying the shading pattern early in the process reduces the expense of system and home design and improves the efficiency of the final system or house.
The Solmetric SunEye is useful for PV, passive hot water, roof mount or ground-mount systems. Optimize new systems for maximum production. Analyze existing installations to solve problems of under production. Identify specific shade-causing obstructions, such as trees or structures, and know instantly how much additional energy would be produced if the obstruction were removed.
On-Site Data Collection and Analysis:
- Fish-eye lens and digital camera
- Sophisticated measurement software
- Simulates removal or addition of shading objects or structures
- Accommodates all panel orientations (tilt and azimuth)
- Accounts for panel tilt and orientation
- Multi-skyline averaging
Availability: Loaned free of charge for up to 5 business days.
Remember: Safety first!