Welcome to the California Center for Sustainable Energy's Solar Energy website. If you're interested in using the sun's energy to create clean energy, you have come to the right place! Here you'll find information on the following solar technologies:
The process of converting sunlight into electricity.
- Solar Water Heating
Solar Thermal describes systems that convert the suns energy to heat that can be used to offset loads typically provided by natural gas and electricity.
- Solar Pool Heating
Low temperature application of Solar Thermal using unglazed polypropylene collectors.
CCSE is also involved in the following activities related to Solar Technologies:
- Manage and participate solar incentive through the California Solar Initiative program as well as the Solar Water Heating Pilot Program and the new Multi-family Affordable Housing program.
- Host solar weekly free workshops and solar annual events for companies and homeowners interested in adopting the solar technologies.
- Provide technical assistance in solar projects to military, public or private K-12 schools and local governments through the Tax Exempt Customer incentive program.
- Provide unbiased consulting to larger solar projects through the Energy Advisory Services
- Engage with California lawmakers through our Public Affairs department to understand the current statutes, as well as potential changes currently driving through the legislature.