Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with support on timelines, deliverables and overall project team support for implementation for the Clean Transportation – Equity project. The projects will be focused on the deployment of alternative fuel vehicles and infrastructure by consumers, municipalities and/or local governments, through education and outreach. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager will coordinate stakeholder engagement, operational efforts and other general activities.
What Exciting Things You Will Be Doing:
- Project Design, Reporting and Transparency: Provide recommendations on project design, including needs assessments, drafting proposals, preparing marketing tools, and evaluation and reporting to increase streamline processes. Create, implement and manage activities that add value to the administration of this project and general EV Equity market development. Create project reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis, survey work and project reporting.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Consumer Outreach: Interact with EV Equity market stakeholders including, but not limited to, utility representatives, community based organizations, air districts, government agency representatives, project and community partners, and others directly and indirectly related to this project. Assist with on-the-ground consumer outreach as needed.
- Marketing Oversight: Assist with marketing tasks to include by not limited to social media and newsletter content, web page maintenance and printed collateral updates.
- Project Operations: Monitor daily activities to ensure that procedures are working to achieve project goals and to support efficient processes. Review project plans and budgets with Project Manager throughout the fiscal year.
- Special Projects: Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management through all five phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing)
- Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines
- Demonstrate proficiency in project budget management, tracking and reporting
- Understanding of transportation issues relating to greenhouse gas (GHG) and criteria air pollutant emissions
- Understanding of environmental equity principles and landscape
- Understanding of electric vehicle and alternative fuel technologies
- Understanding of the California Climate Investment programs, Cal Enviro screen and other low carbon transportation policies specific to disadvantage communities
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
- Demonstrated proficiency providing successful customer service and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, positive and work with minimal supervision as needed
- Provide overall operational support to Project Manager
- Bilingual ins Spanish or Tagalog a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-5 years of related experience. Required working knowledge of project management principles, managing grant agreements and government contracts. Preferred experience in electric transportation industry.
- PMP Certification or equivalent
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Project management software programs
- Experience with CRM and/or Salesforce a plus
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferable with an emphasis in sustainable transportation and/or the energy sector. Advanced degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of related experience. Required working knowledge of project management principles, managing grant agreements and government contracts. Preferred experience in electric transportation industry/Environmental Justice.
- PMP Certification or equivalent
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- Valid driver’s License; insurable in the state of California.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.