About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS: Support system development projects, including integration between project websites, rebate databases, and cloud-based document storage. Gather and translate business needs into software requirements and technical specifications. Develop and prepare flowcharts and process diagrams. Guide testing and troubleshooting for new system features, including documenting system bugs, errors and solutions. Guide the implementation and rollout of new system features. Help develop training and provide support for new system features. Provide guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project objectives. Perform research to gather necessary information, compile statistics, and prepare analysis of data.
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with custom Salesforce and/or Drupal development.
- Experience gathering requirements for and supporting database/website implementations.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Experience working in an agile environment and working with external stakeholders
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Experience defining business requirements for systems and projects.
- Experience with custom database/website development/implementation other than Salesforce/Drupal.
- Understanding of barriers to adoption of clean transportation by underserved communities and low-to-moderate income households.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies.
- 2-3 years of related experience
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.