About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Under general supervision from the Business Analyst Team manager, the project associate supports routine team activities for successful operations of incentive project systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Duties are illustrative and may vary with individual assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
Routine System Administration: Perform routine Salesforce/Drupal administrative functions, including vehicle updates/additions, template changes, etc. Document and update standard operating procedures for routine system administration activities. Develop detailed understanding of the rebate processing platforms used for all incentive projects supported by the Business Analyst Team. Follow data security policies and procedures for protecting applicant information. Communicate regularly with team members to provide status updates, report concerns and suggest solutions and improvements.
System Development Support: Support system development projects, including integration between project websites, rebate databases and cloud-based document storage. Assist with testing and troubleshooting for new system features, including documenting system bugs, errors and solutions. Assist with the implementation and rollout of new system features. Help with training and provide basic support for new system features.
Project Administrative Support: Monitor and manage Business Analyst Team inbox. Track and monitor invoice payments for incentive project systems. Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls for Business Analyst Team members. Assist with creating meeting agendas, taking meeting notes and tracking action items. Assist with monitoring external development ticketing system.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com).
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Extremely detail and process-oriented with a logical, analytical approach to work tasks.
- Ability to understand and document processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of individuals with very diverse personalities.
- Ability to take strategic direction from the Business Analyst Team manager and proactively direct daily workload based on that direction.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Drupal administration.
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric vehicles and clean transportation alternatives.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and climate change.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with general understanding of sustainable energy policies and technologies.
Education and/or Experience
Two to three years of experience in customer support, systems testing or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A bachelor’s degree may take the place of some work experience.
An associate’s degree in an area relevant to the primary job duties and qualifications; bachelor’s degree preferred.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.