Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Business Analyst Team Manager manages a team of business analysts in Clean Transportation Operations. This team helps define and implement technology solutions to support requirements and increase efficiency in consumer incentive programs.
What you’ll be doing:
- STAFF SUPERVISION AND DEVELOPMENT: Supervise and coach 2-4 staff members. Create resource utilization plans and ensure that matrixed business analyst staff are appropriately assigned to projects based on priority and skill sets. Work with project managers to define project priorities. Create professional development opportunities for staff.
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS: Guide business analyst team in gathering and translating business rules and requirements into technical requirements. Oversee system specification development, including reviewing flowcharts and process diagrams. Guide testing and troubleshooting for new system features. Guide implementation and rollout of new system features. Help develop training and provide support for new system features. Provide guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project objectives. Analyze operational models for effectiveness and suggest ways to improve.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Provide project management support for consumer incentive programs. Ensure business analyst team stays on time and within budget. Manage internal (program, marketing, finance, IT, operations) and external (web development, web hosting, database, translation, editorial) stakeholder relationships. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- 8 - 9 years of related experience. Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate staff management skills.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Intermediate negotiation skills.
- Intermediate business development skills.
- Independent stakeholder/client management skills.
- Intermediate process improvement skills.
- Intermediate ability to document processes.
- Advanced business writing skills.
- Professional oral and written communication skills (internal and external).
- Intermediate presentation skills.
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to anticipate future project needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to enforce detailed project requirements.
- Ability to solicit the voice of the customer.
- Ability to represent stakeholder concerns and requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing successful customer service.
- Experience working with a diverse team.
- Experience working with diverse business and community groups.
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com).
- Experience gathering requirements for and supporting website implementations.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio (or comparable) skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with custom Salesforce development preferred.
- Experience working with Drupal-based websites preferred.
- Understanding of barriers to adoption of clean transportation by underserved communities and low-to-moderate income households preferred.
- Bilingual English / Spanish, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Vietnamese preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and climate change preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies preferred.
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.