Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Business Analyst Web Development works on the Clean Transportation Operations business analyst team. They help define and implement technology solutions to support requirements and increase efficiency in consumer incentive programs.
What you’ll be doing:
BUSINESS ANALYSIS: Support system integration projects, especially between project websites, rebate databases, and cloud-based document storage. Gather and translate business rules and requirements into technical requirements. Develop and prepare system specifications, including creating flowcharts and process diagrams. Guide testing and troubleshooting for new system features, including documenting system bugs, errors and solutions. Guide the implementation and rollout of new system features. Help develop training and provide support for new system features. Provide guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project objectives. Perform research to gather necessary information, compile statistics, and prepare analysis of data.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Support process improvement activities. Participate in strategic planning for transportation operations. Analyze operational models for effectiveness and suggest ways to improve.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of the position
- Experience working with Drupal-based websites.
- Experience with custom Salesforce development.
- Experience gathering requirements for and supporting website implementations.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Experience defining business requirements for systems and projects.
- Ability to conceptually outline a high level-design of how a system would work based on business requirements.
- Ability to work with technical resources to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and document processes at a conceptual level.
- Ability to solicit the voice of the customer.
- Ability to represent stakeholder concerns and requirements.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with best practices benchmarking.
- Professional oral and written communication skills (internal and external).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience working with a diverse team.
- Experience working with diverse business and community groups.
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio (or comparable) skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with web standards including WCAG 2.0, PPI, and Section 508.
- Understanding of barriers to adoption of clean transportation by underserved communities and low-to-moderate income households.
- Bilingual English / Spanish, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Vietnamese.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and climate change.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.