Location: Boston, MA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policymakers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our primary areas of focus include renewable energy, energy efficiency, and clean transportation.
The Clean Vehicles Project Coordinator will help support clean vehicle deployment in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York as part of CSE’s Transportation Team. CSE administers state incentive programs in these states, and provides rebates to consumers who purchase eligible clean vehicles. We are looking for a Project Coordinator who can help support the following tasks that are vital to the success of the incentive programs: program implementation, stakeholder engagement, marketing and outreach, and business development. Under supervision of the Clean Transportation Project Manager, this Project Coordinator will be responsible for helping consumers receive their rebates, building awareness and understanding of the state programs, and educating target audiences about the incentive programs and benefits of electric vehicle ownership. This position will be based out of CSE’s Boston office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Stakeholder Engagement: Interact extensively with project stakeholders; develop and maintain strong relationships to inform stakeholders of ongoing program developments.
- Program Implementation: Provide logistical and administrative oversight for clean vehicles programs, and enforce program requirements, application procedures, and standards. Tap into technical knowledge and stakeholder familiarity to ensure deliverables and resources align with both established technical standards and project requirements.
- Program Monitoring: Accurately track program data in Excel and customer relationship management (CRM) software, organize and analyze data to comply with reporting requirements, and support program design improvements. Ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and to support efficient processes.
- Program Outreach: Participate in regional outreach events on behalf of CSE and our clients. Help develop marketing materials, workshops, or educational campaigns.
- Reporting: Create program reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis and writing of transportation program reports.
- Subcontract Management: Coordinate, organize and track progress of subcontractor completed tasks. Manage all subcontractor deliverables and act as liaison for communication between program staff and subcontractors.
- Operations: Oversee and participate in daily rebate application processing and customer service activities as needed. Provide guidance on how to process unusual applications, and handle escalated cases. Communicate regularly with leadership team to provide updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions for improvements.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in subjects relevant to sustainable transportation and energy, including environmental studies, business administration, transportation planning, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience directly related to the primary job duties and required qualifications.
- Ability to independently handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain a detailed understanding of different processing systems, operating procedures, and requirements for multiple incentive programs.
- Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating events and stakeholder meetings.
- Ability to use sound judgement in responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including proficiency in typing, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience with data entry and databases.
- Demonstrated fluency in using MS Office software package to create well-formatted documents and materials. Experience using CRM software platforms a plus.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.