About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Coordinator is responsible for general support of various Clean Transportation projects with a focus on project activities related to the administration of statewide clean transportation programs. Under general supervision from the Manager, the Project Coordinator will assume responsibilities that include program implementation, stakeholder engagement, marketing and outreach, and business development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Interact extensively with clean transportation stakeholders related to clean transportation opportunities including but not limited to community-based organizations (CBOs), local community representatives, auto makers, dealers, medium and heavy duty fleet owners, air districts, state agencies and Energy Commission representatives, project partners, media, and others directly and indirectly related to state and nationwide transportation programs; develop and maintain strong relationships to inform stakeholders of ongoing program developments.
- Provide logistical and administrative oversight for clean vehicles programs, and enforce program requirements, application procedures, and standards. Ensure quality control by tapping into technical knowledge and stakeholder familiarity to ensure deliverables and resources align with both established technical standards and project requirements.
- Make recommendations on transportation program design, including needs assessments, drafting proposals, preparing marketing tools, and evaluation and reporting.
- Monitor daily activities and accurately track program data to ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and to support efficient processes. Review program plans throughout the course of the fiscal year and advise the Manager as necessary.
- Coordinate, organize and track progress of subcontractor completed tasks. Manage all subcontractor deliverables and act as liaison for communication between program staff and subcontractors.
- Create program reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis and writing of transportation program reports.
- Participate in market facilitation activities and regional outreach events on behalf of CSE and our clients. Assist with program outreach and developing marketing materials, workshops, or educational campaigns. Represent CSE program and CSE at external events.
- Provide overall operational support to Manager. Communicate regularly with leadership team to provide updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions for improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of energy issues with basic understanding of transportation policy and technologies.
- Demonstrated high-level of abilities of various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong independent research skills and knowledge of applicable resources including internet, regulatory and related industry documents.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in typing, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills, and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of project management and best practices with data entry and documentation.
- Experience with advanced technology market transformation programs a plus.
- Familiarity with federal and state clean transportation policies and landscape a plus.
- Experience using CRM software platforms a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in subjects relevant to sustainable transportation and energy, including environmental studies, business administration, transportation planning, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 -4 years of related experience.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.