About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Coordinator is key member of the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure team providing broad support on project activities and developing expertise related to the planning and deploying electric vehicle charging solutions. Under general supervision from the Senior Project Manager and EVI team staff, the Project Coordinator will assume responsibilities that include conducting research, developing regional planning documents, leading communications with clients and industry stakeholders, building awareness/education/adoption of EVs and EV infrastructure nationwide.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate electric vehicle industry stakeholder communications and meetings. Assist with the development and deployment of outreach activities with clients, community-based organizations (CBOs), local community representatives, technology providers, medium and heavy-duty fleet owners, air districts, state agencies and Energy Commission representatives, project partners, and others directly and indirectly related to state and nationwide electric vehicle infrastructure programs. Develop and maintain strong relationships to inform stakeholders of ongoing program developments.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure team while building technical expertise and knowledge base.
- Research, track, and analyze key datasets, industry metrics, and qualitative/quantitative information to support developing industry-leading planning documents and deployment/implementation of electric vehicle infrastructure. Create program reports and presentations.
- Coordinate organize and track progress of partner, subcontractors, or matrixed staff tasks in support of completing deliverables.
- Participate in market facilitation activities and regional outreach events on behalf of CSE and our clients. Assist with program outreach and developing marketing materials, workshops, or educational campaigns. Represent CSE program and CSE at external events.
- Provide overall operational support to EVI Project Team. Communicate regularly with leadership team to provide updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions for improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of electric vehicles, EV charging, urban and/or transportation planning.
- Demonstrated high-level of abilities of various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong independent research skills and knowledge of applicable resources including internet, regulatory and related industry documents.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in writing technical reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills, and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments.
- Team-oriented with a willingness to learn and participate in a matrixed organization.
- Knowledge of project management and best practices with data entry and documentation.
- Interest in electrical and alternative fuel vehicles and an appetite to learn more about this rapidly-evolving field.
- Experience with advanced technology market transformation programs a plus.
- Experience working with databases and analyzing large sets of data.
- Experience with data visualization and mapping (familiarity with GIS a plus)
- Familiarity with federal and state clean transportation policies and landscape a plus.
- Experience using CRM software platforms a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in subjects relevant to sustainable transportation and energy, including environmental studies, business administration, transportation planning, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience directly related to the primary job duties and required qualifications. Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.