About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Represents CSE and programs such as the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) at Dealerships and community events. Responsible for educating and engaging target audiences about the benefits offered through CSE’s programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Represent CSE and their programs while creating engagement opportunities at all dealership sites and approved community events.
- Coordinate needs for dealership site visits and trainings, event participation, including negotiating booth location and cost with event organizers, contract management, logistics (transporting collateral to/from event locations, and setting up/tearing down displays), and any other needs that may be required.
- Oversee inventory of all outreach materials, monitor supplies (re-ordering and repairing as needed), and organization of those items (quality assurance).
- Research and recommend opportunities and events to participate in (requiring developing an understanding of the landscape of assigned areas to identify where efforts should be focused).
- Uphold CSE and program branding standards with regards to physical presentation, program knowledge and materials to be used at events.
- Recommend and create new outreach tools, handouts and materials as needed to adapt to local markets.
- Enter all dealership and outreach event data into Salesforce including but not limited to phone calls, emails, and in-person visits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Dealership Outreach Follow Up
- Ensure effective follow up with contacts made at dealerships and events.
- Assist in the creation of email templates to be sent to dealership contacts and event attendees whose email addresses were collected.
- Create communications that reinforce key outreach messaging and encourages dealership contacts and event attendees to take action.
- Increase website traffic and create extended outreach opportunities as a result of proper dealership and event follow up communications.
- Address frequently asked questions, dealership issues, and/or provide other information that was brought up at specific dealerships and events.
- Track dealership and event outreach metrics (i.e. event attendance, volume of collateral distributed, number of quality conversations had) for internal/external reporting purposes.
- Participate in the development of new, regional partnerships that will assist in meeting program goals.
- Develop Marketing “tool kit” to be used in reaching out to potential partners.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with dealerships and partners, ensuring they have materials they need to disseminate to their respective audience/customers.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-pace environment; accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Experience in Office 365; must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary.
- An outgoing and professional attitude that engages and informs through public interaction.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working with CRM systems or Salesforce.
- Experience working with dealerships as well as conducting community outreach, logistics, and coordinating for events.
- Associate of Arts degree, and/or equivalent experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and/or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of office experience.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.