About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Drupal Web Developer
The Web Developer works as part of the Systems Development team and is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites (including Drupal sites), from layout to function, according to CSE specifications. The individual will strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. Web developer responsibilities include building and maintaining CSE websites from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to create and maintain Drupal websites.
Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site(s)
Cooperate with graphic designers to match visual design intent
Provide technical consultation and support to staff and customers as needed
Provide estimates for project schedules and timeline deliveries
Manage projects related to the websites
Adhere to corporate brand standards
Ensure timeliness, accuracy and consistency of all sites
Determine and recommend additional resources necessary for web operations
Propose tools and make recommendations as needed for website budget
Document all changes to the website per operational procedure
Design, build and monitor web metrics
Research and plan for changing user requirements and technology advances
Performs related duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of latest HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of CMS platform installation, configuration, and optimization
- Experience integrating websites and CMS with Customer Relationship Management
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Experience in website development, programming, scripting and site maintenance
- Experience building web applications and database-driven websites
- Experience with database structures, custom metrics reporting and web analytics
- Experience with cross browser and cross platform development
- Proficiency with database technologies utilized in web applications including SQL, MySQL
- Proficiency with Adobe CSx and Microsoft Office 200x technologies
- Proficient with Windows operating system and Internet Browser applications
- Knowledge of emerging web technologies including JQuery, Modernizr, Highcharts
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows system administration
- Familiarity with spinning websites and development environments using AWS, Rackspace or Pantheon
- Knowledge of secure web services: privacy, firewalls, encryption, and SSL
- Strong timeline creation and project management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work with both a team and independently
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Customer-focused and results driven
- Hands on experience architecting and implementing solutions using Drupal 8
- Experience with MySQL database design, integration, installation, and configuration
- Experience integrating CMS data reporting from external CRMs like Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Experience using Git version control preferred.
- Experience with the Bootstrap or Foundation framework, and SAAS or LESS preprocessors
- Experience with Agile Development methodology
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four-year college or university with major coursework related to the area of assignment and 3-5 years proven experience designing and developing enterprise-class, database driven, interactive websites (backend). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; compose and edit written materials; explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff and customers; research and learn new software and adapt to changes in technology; prioritize, organize, and schedule work assignments and projects; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.