Location: Boston, MA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) program is a state incentive project that promotes cleaner transportation throughout Massachusetts by providing rebates to consumers who purchase eligible plug-in electric vehicles. We are looking for an event marketing intern to represent CSE and the MOR-EV program at community events throughout Massachusetts. Under supervision of the Project Manager, this role will be responsible for building awareness and understanding of MOR-EV, and educating target audiences about additional incentives and benefits of electric vehicle ownership.
What you’ll be doing:
- Represent CSE/MOR-EV by working at the outreach booth at all approved Massachusetts consumer events
- Research event opportunities
- Coordinate event participation, including negotiating booth location and cost with event organizers, contract management, logistics (transporting supplies to/from event locations, set up/tear down), and any other needs
- Coordinate with local dealerships to support electric vehicle static display or ride and drive participation
- Oversee inventory of all outreach materials, including monitoring, ordering, repairing, and organizing supplies
- Execute effective follow up techniques with contacts made at events
- Create communications that reinforce key outreach messaging and encourage event attendees to take action
- Address frequently asked questions, local issues, and provide requested information at events
- Track event outreach metrics (event attendance, volume of collateral distributed, number of quality conversations) for internal and external reporting purposes
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with partners and dealerships, ensuring they have materials they need to disseminate to their respective audience/customers
The ideal candidate:
- 1-2 years of experience in outreach or other areas directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, in a non-profit preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships over the phone and in person
- High energy and stamina necessary to coordinate events with accuracy
- Flexibility with hours and schedule to accommodate events and workload (weekend event work required)
- Able to follow through on assignments and projects within required budgets and deadlines
- Self-starter with extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time and stress management skills
- Strong critical thinking and conflict management skills
- Strong problem solving skills with a solution-finding attitude
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Skilled at relationship building
- Familiarity with federal and Massachusetts regulations related to transportation, energy, and air quality a plus
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A passion for sustainable energy and event planning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may require the use of a vehicle to transport themselves and the outreach booth to events. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- When working at events, the employee will be required to lift and set-up booth equipment, and stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires working some evenings and weekends or longer hours when working at events or to meet deadlines.
- This position requires sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings; hearing and visual acuity within normal range; manual dexterity to operate keyboard and calculator.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.