Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Assists in the administration of the day-to-day Human Resources operations. Answers employee questions regarding benefit related issues, retirement plans, hiring procedures and company policy. Coordinate new hire orientations, human resources events and benefits open enrollment. Provide additional support to HR team including record keeping, file maintenance and HRIS data entry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Inputs data and ensures data integrity in HR systems and databases.
- Compiles and maintains employee personnel records; files documents into appropriate employee files; prepares new employee files, new hire & termination packets. Prepares new employee files.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Conducts audits of various HR programs including; benefits, and payroll and recommends corrective action.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current.
- Responds to employee requests and questions.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process as requested including scheduling interviews and management of applicant tracking data for compliance with government regulations.
- Responds with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Follows up with hiring managers to ensure HR receives updated feedback surveys.
- Coordinates companywide events, such as quarterly Lunch & Learns, annual holiday party, etc.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Complete employment and payroll verifications.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Maintains company organizational chart
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- High school diploma required
- Associate of Arts degree preferred
- 2 years of related experience
- PHR Certification (Professional in Human Resources) preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work in a fast-paced environment; accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Self-motivated and an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness always.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.