Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Income Verification Coordinator for Clean Transportation, is responsible for support of clean transportation projects under general supervision from the Clean Transportation Project Manager. Specifically, the Coordinator/Lead oversees daily Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) income verification activities and Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) rebate processing activities to maximize processing efficiency and help each team achieve its project objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operational Team Leadership: Oversee daily rebate application processing for the Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) program and income verification activities for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). Provide training and assist team members with their work as needed. Provide guidance on how to process unusual applications. Handle escalated customer service calls as needed. Prepare MOR-EV invoices for accounting to issue rebate checks and oversee mailing procedures. Communicate regularly with leadership team to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control: Ensure that team members follow data security policies and procedures for protecting applicant income documentation. Perform QA/QC to ensure income verification processes are completed correctly and project requirements are met. Monitor Salesforce functionality and report issues. Monitor applicable sections of the online applications and report issues.
- External Relations: Interface with the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) Income Verification Express Service (IVES) system to request and receive tax transcripts. Develop and manage a process to confirm acceptable supporting documents from pre-qualified low- and moderate-income programs. Write monthly summary and data report for funder, the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER). Coordinate bimonthly MOR-EV statistics page updates and review for accuracy. Manage record-keeping for monthly meetings with DOER. Provide content and support for stakeholder presentations and annual reporting.
- Process Development and Documentation: Develop a detailed understanding of MOR-EV rebate processing and CVRP income verification. Develop and maintain the IRS transcript request process (using the IVES system). Document processes and oversee SOP creation and maintenance. Develop and update email and phone communication templates for customer interactions.
The ideal candidate:
- 2-3 years of experience in customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A bachelor’s degree may take the place of some work experience.
- An associate’s degree in an area relevant to the primary job duties and qualifications; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extremely detail and process-oriented with a logical, analytical approach to work tasks.
- Automatically thinks about quality assurance, quality control and how to improve processes.
- Ability to understand and document processes at a conceptual level, show others how to follow them correctly, and answer questions about how the process works.
- Strong multitasking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of individuals with very diverse personalities and skill levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Ability to take strategic direction from Project Manager and proactively direct the team’s daily workload based on that direction.
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intermediate ability to use Adobe Acrobat.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.