Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The IT Coordinator is the primary point of contact for CSE staff seeking technical support. The Ideal candidate will help leverage technical support and business acumen with a customer service oriented mentality. Managing day-to-day troubleshooting, answering calls and e-mailing messages directed to the Information Technology support center. The IT Coordinator will provide in-person support, training and assistance for the San Diego office, and remote support staff for all CSE offices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and managing Office 365 including Outlook, MS Office Products, and group folders
- Serve as first line technical support for all IT issues within CSE offices
- Administration and maintenance of computer software and addition support when necessary
- Research and troubleshoot technology related problems including system backups and archiving
- Create and update records in CSE’s support ticket system
- Install and support IT equipment and software in the San Diego office and troubleshoot IT issues in all CSE locations
- Respond to escalated help desk issues with a sense of urgency as necessary
- Maintain and clean computer equipment and peripherals
- Assist and/or facilitate file restoration service for CSE staff
- Set up and deploy computers for CSE staff
- Interact with internal staff on all levels to help resolve IT related issues and provide timely follow-up
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to IT equipment
- Support staff development and training regarding new technologies and software
- Install and remove programs to support the organization’s workflow
- Assist with configuration and set up of printers, projection devices and monitors
- Assist in maintaining technology inventory for CSE
- Communicate effectively with internal staff to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs
- Provide additional facilities and office services support as necessary
- Perform other duties as requested
The ideal candidate:
- B.Sc./BA in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field of study preferred.
- 4+ years of system administration experience in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and related applications preferred.
- Basic understanding of computers, printers, projectors, scanners, and smart phones.
- Experience with computer desktop support in an enterprise level organization working in the support of a Windows computing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system (Windows 7).
- Knowledge of applications and techniques used in software security.
- Demonstrated fluency in using PC application software including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), E-Mail (MS Outlook) and Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari).
- Ability to make contacts and develop effective working relationships within and outside the department, maintaining a high degree of professionalism, requiring tact and judgment to avoid friction;
- Ability to prioritize duties independently.
- Ability to interface with technical personnel to discuss technical issues pertaining to user related problems.
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Advanced use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create well-formatted documents and materials requiring interpretation and critical thought.
- Proficient in typing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations:
- Must have valid California driver’s license.
- Must have Microsoft Office Certification.
- The following certifications are preferred:
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.