About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The IT Manager is the focal point for all aspects of CSE’s information technology group, including CSE’s cyber security and data management policies and implementation, enterprise application suite, and network administration and monitoring. The IT Manager leads a small team of internal staff and external contractors to ensure our external solutions meet customer requirements, and our internal IT infrastructure supports ongoing growth.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Assess and continuously improve CSE’s cyber security and data management policies and implementation.
- Assess and continuously improve risk management, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, standards, and practices, including data storage and retention policies.
- Identify and implement systems that comply with contractual and compliance requirements.
- Manage CSE’s suite of enterprise applications, including implementation of business intelligence system (BI) tools, and NetSuite ERP system capabilities.
- Assess and improve CSE’s internal network and file sharing systems. Evaluate cost-effective alternative cloud-based systems.
- Manage internal and external resources to protect and monitor CSE networks.
- Manage licensing, configurations, patching, updates and upgrades.
- Manage desktop support services and staff.
- Maintain knowledge of new technology developments in networking, software and hardware systems.
- Evaluate new information technology products or services and suggest changes to existing products or services to better assist the end user experience.
- Maintain relationships with IT vendors to negotiate sales agreements and manage the performance of IT service contracts.
- Develop and manage department budget and conducts periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience establishing and improving IT security policies and procedures (e.g., ISO27001), business continuity plans, and data management and compliance activities.
- 5+ years’ experience managing and deploying enterprise applications, including BI tools and ERP systems.
- 5+ years’ experience managing, securing, and monitoring corporate networks.
- Ability to succinctly communicate IT issues to non-technical executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users clearly in a friendly, professional and often non-technical manner.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to make independent judgments and recommendations.
- Must be able to manage a steady stream of concurrent projects.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems.
- Previous experience as Systems Administrator for a medium- or large-size company.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent
- Information Technology Governance or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation of equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent certifications
- SonicWALL Security Administrator (CSSA) or equivalent
- Virtualization Administrator (MCITP) or equivalent
- Masters degree preferred
- Bachelors degree in engineering, IT/IS, computer science, computer information systems preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
Log into use GingerLimited modePrevious experience as a Systems Administrator for a medium×
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.