About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Seeking a talented System Administrator who will support company IT infrastructure/business applications and help design, implement and support innovative solutions for optimizing, enhancing, and securing business processes and systems. This role will also support company security and compliance objectives and must be familiar with cyber security control frameworks and can clearly communicate network security policies internally and to our third-party clients.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Build reliable, scalable and secure solutions that promote both business and employee growth
- Configure, manage and document enterprise grade network infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Lead resolution efforts for any network performance or reliability problems
- Prioritize and respond to End User requests, providing timely and high-quality support for local/remote users
- Analyze and solve for repeat issues
- Coordination of IT Audits and security assessments
- Educates and mentors technical teams to foster a compliance culture
- Conducts training sessions for new software rollouts, upgrades and general security compliance
- Ensure that 3rd party vendors conform to established data protection and compliance standards
- Primary contact for 3rd party vendors for system updates, resolution of issues, ticket management, etc.
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Analyze and establish security requirements for corporate networks
- Develop corporate and customer data protection controls pertinent to industry-recognized security control frameworks
- Organize Information Security documentation and evidence collection & storage
- Respond to security questionnaires and contract reviews
- Assist with customer RFQ responses and review BAs (Business Agreements)
- Communicate existing security compliance and future plans to customers
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of assigned work and follow through to completion
- Understanding of a broad range of IT processes, security products, and technologies
- Experience with compliance in cloud-based technologies and applications
- Familiar with security/privacy controls and standards such as ISO 27001, NIST CSF, SANS, etc.,
- Familiar with state cybersecurity and privacy regulations
- Technical writing experience
- Project management experience
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently, and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable following documented policies and procedures
- Exemplary communication skills – ability to explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
- Ability to work after hours and travel (limited) as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- 3-5 years of experience managing and maintaining enterprise grade network infrastructure
- Proficiency in administration of Windows Desktop OS, Windows Server OS, Linux OS
- Hands on knowledge of virtualization and cloud solutions including Hyper-V, VMware, Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Extensive experience in maintaining and administering Active Directory and Windows Server environments.
- Experience in hardware desktop technical support
- Proficiency in Sharepoint
- Netsuite ERP experience preferred
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience as an IT System Administrator
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent preferred
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.