Location: San Diego, CA
Founded in 1996, the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to developing a clean energy future that addresses climate change, increases energy independence and generates lasting economic and environmental benefits. Our teams empower such innovation by leveraging expertise in clean transportation, distributed energy resources, energy efficiency, energy engineering and regulatory and policy support. As a trusted advisor, we partner with clients of all sizes to help achieve their sustainability objectives through a suite of energy services that include comprehensive program design and management, research and analysis, technical advising, incentive and rebate management, and education and outreach. Our headquarters are in San Diego with offices in Boston, Los Angeles and Oakland, Calif.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for assisting the Center for Sustainable Energy’s Director of Marketing and Communications in achieving success for CSE's organizational goals and supporting its programs and services. CSE is seeking a well-round marketing professional with demonstrated experience in digital/content marketing and one who understands the value of, and can support procurement of earned media.
This position plays an important role in promoting CSE’s brand, mission and subject matter expertise across our digital messaging and content platforms (website, social media, e-newsletter, blog, webinars), and through print materials and events. Primary responsibilities include contributions to, and oversight of CSE’s website, social media assets, brand management, public relations, digital and printed content development and managing shared marketing support services used across the organization. The manager will work to develop SEO and SEM strategies for CSE’s various digital properties and can communicate the resulting analytics and metrics. Responsibilities also include management and development of team members in associate and assistant roles.
The role also will support the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) to build awareness and knowledge of the statewide program, as well as educating target audiences about additional incentives and benefits of clean vehicle ownership. The tasks include digital marketing strategy development, execution of engagement tactics, and on-going analysis/optimization of digital efforts. Specific tasks include creation and curation of content for digital touchpoints (website, social media, email, and digital marketing initiatives (SEO, SEM), identification of target customers for digital advertising, analytics tracking/analysis for website, social media and, advertising, and referral program strategy development and deployment.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide oversight, quality control, metrics and management of shared digital platforms including website, social media, webinars, e-newsletter, blogs, etc. to ensure consistency with corporate standards and client project/program marketing requirements.
- Contribute to external communications efforts, including public relations, blog, corporate information, branding, newsletters etc.
- Develop and support SEO and SEM strategies.
- Contribute to and manage - elements of digital content development that support mission and organizational goals (blog, policy briefs, new releases, talking points).
- Aid in development of corporate collateral and marketing materials (web/print), including but not limited to:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Website/digital files
- Print collateral
- Annual impact statements
- Oversee CRM database in collaboration with web developer.
- Perform research on key target audiences identified in CSE managed program such as the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, (including, but not limited to clean vehicle-ready car shoppers, underserved car shoppers and new car dealers) to identify opportunities and trends.
- Lead efforts to coordinate the creation of digital content to help drive technology and program awareness/adoption. These can include but are not limited to case studies, social media, ads, videos, presentations, infographics, reports, and newsletters.
- Lead in strategy development/execution/analysis/refinement of social media efforts, including content development/curation, community management, target audience profiles, and maximizing paid advertising based on objectives.
- Lead in strategy development/execution/analysis/refinement of program email marketing efforts, including database segmentation, template creation, A/B testing methodology, and deployment
- Provide marketing support for corporate events including high level facilitation workshops with energy policy stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of digital marketing efforts and implement new approaches as appropriate
- Lead in strategy development/execution/analysis/refinement of program digital marketing efforts, including SEM and online display ads.
- Leverage Google Analytics to provide strategic website recommendations for increasing traffic and maximizing marketing effectiveness.
- This position will manage 1-3 team members in the Marketing Associate and Marketing Assistant roles.
- Assist with event outreach for program marketing efforts as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- At least 6 years' direct experience in the fields of digital marketing, public relations, advertising. Some agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, public relations or related field.
- Direct experience coordinating the development of website content, developing and executing email marketing efforts, manipulating a contact management database, coordinating digital marketing campaigns, and creating and implementing social media strategies.
- Experience using and managing content management systems, email marketing and website/digital analytics/tracking tools.
- Demonstrated social media expertise (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Google+), target audience profiling and dashboard management.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics including the ability to setup analytics tracking, identify key metrics, create campaigns and respond effectively to trends.
- Proficiency with Google AdWords, including strategy development, SEM execution, analysis and optimization
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, written and verbal. Proficiency in AP writing style preferred.
- Experience developing, writing and executing digital communications and marketing plans.
- Ability to understand technical details as well as provide a broad vision.
- Passion for renewable energy and clean transportation.
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and contribute to a positive, upbeat work environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate proven success working in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (Office 365, MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create well-formatted documents and materials requiring interpretation and critical thought.
- Proficiency with Google analytics including the ability to setup analytics tracking, identify key metrics, create campaigns and respond effectively to trends.
- Familiarity with cloud-based project management tools like Google docs, SmartSheet, Box, Podio and Basecamp a plus.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools/applications for email marketing, content promotion, social media, and analytics).
- Knowledge of CRM systems a plus (e.g. NetSuite).
- Experience with the Adobe Software Suite such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver - HTML a plus.
- Experience in the automotive and/or renewable energy industries, marketing products/services to consumers or businesses.
- Bilingual (reading, writing and speaking) in Spanish.
- Strong cross-cultural competence.
- Knowledge of environmental justice issues.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.