About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Represent CSE and their programs while creating engagement opportunities at all approved community events.
- Coordinate needs for event participation, including negotiating booth location and cost with event organizers, contract management, logistics (transporting collateral to/from event locations, and setting up/tearing down displays), and any other needs that may be required.
- Oversee inventory of all outreach materials, monitor supplies (re-ordering and repairing as needed), and organization of those items (quality assurance).
- Research and recommend opportunities and events to participate in (requiring developing an understanding of the landscape of assigned areas to identify where efforts should be focused).
- Uphold CSE and program branding standards with regards to physical presentation, program knowledge and materials to be used at events.
- Recommend and create new outreach tools, handouts and materials as needed to adapt to local markets.
Event Outreach Follow Up
- Ensure effective follow up with contacts made at events.
- Assist in the creation of email templates to be sent to event attendees whose email addresses were collected.
- Create communications that reinforce key outreach messaging and encourages event attendees to take action.
- Increase website traffic and create extended outreach opportunities as a result of proper event follow up communications.
- Address frequently asked questions, local issues, and/or provide other information that was brought up at specific events.
- Track event outreach metrics (i.e. event attendance, volume of collateral distributed, number of quality conversations had) for internal/external reporting purposes.
Car Dealership Outreach
- Lead dealership education efforts through in-person visits and coordination of training sessions
- Identify key accounts and build/maintain relationships with dealerships in assigned territory
- Salesforce account management
- Participate in the development of new, regional partnerships that will assist in meeting program goals.
- Develop Marketing “tool kit” to be used in reaching out to potential partners.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with partners, ensuring they have materials they need to disseminate to their respective audience/customers.
Social Media Assistance
- Create live/on the ground social media posts which are consistent with CSE social media standards.
- Recommend additional social media strategies to promote and enhance event awareness and activity while on site.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work in a fast-pace environment; accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Experience in Office 365; must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary.
- Outgoing and professional attitude that engages and informs through public interaction.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Spanish language proficiency
- Associate of Arts degree, and/or equivalent experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, and/or equivalent experience is preferred
2 years of professional office experience preferably in Marketing
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.