Location: San Diego
About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Assistant plays a vital role in implementing the Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) administered by CSE, and is primarily responsible for providing incentive application processing support. The position will focus on supporting program operations and providing information and outreach to interested customers and industry participants. The Project Assistant must be organized, detail oriented, and able to independently prioritize his or her workload schedules based on the needs of the program. This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience and a rewarding career in sustainable energy industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process incentive applications for SGIP-eligible technologies.
- Review project performance data details and prepare incentive payments.
- Enforce project requirements, application procedures and standards.
- Maintain and update the online database of projects.
- Field inquiries about SGIP-eligible technologies and program requirements.
- Meet with public and respond to requests for information.
- Collaborate with statewide Program Administrators and subcontractors to ensure consistency in statewide policies, processes and communication.
- Assist in coordinating workshops, events and various marketing and outreach tasks.
- Present SGIP information and updates through public speaking, as requested.
- Draft and update content on CSE’s SGIP micro-site.
- Participate in working group meetings and SGIP quarterly workshops, as requested.
- Perform various research requests from Project Managers regarding new equipment, other programs, policy or related topics.
- Provide overall operational support to the Project Managers.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of related experience
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines of multiple concurrent projects and implement quality assurance protocols
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Comfortable working with diverse, technical projects and complex issues
- Knowledge of energy issues with a general understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create well-formatted documents and materials requiring interpretation and critical thought.
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
- Ability to learn complex concepts, procedures and policies quickly.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently.
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Assistant, Incentives and Operations” in the email subject to facilitate sorting.