Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Associate provides administrative and processing support to clean transportation projects. Interacts with interested customers and industry participants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process incentive applications for eligible technologies
- Review project performance data details and issue incentive payments
- Enforce project requirements, application procedures and standards
- Coordinate and maintain correspondence with project participants regarding application status
- Maintain and update the online database of projects
- Handle inquiries about the program, eligible technologies and project requirements
- Respond to requests for information
- Assist with coordinating workshops, events and various marketing and outreach tasks
- Perform various research requests regarding new equipment, other projects, etc.
- Provide overall operational support to project managers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- 2 - 3 years of related experience
- Ability to speak Spanish or Mandarin a plus
- Associate of Arts degree or equivalent work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with a database and handling complex administrative processes
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner
- Ability to learn complex procedures and policies quickly
- Previous experience in an office setting with changing priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to perform assignments proficiently
- Basic knowledge of customer service principles, project management and best practices with data entry and documentation
- Proficiency with standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Excel required
- General knowledge of energy issues with basic understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies preferred
- Prior experience working in the energy sector with public agencies, utilities and other stakeholders preferred
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.