About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Associate plays a vital role in implementing Distributed Energy Resource (DER) incentive programs administered by CSE, including the Solar on Affordable Housing (SOMAH) program, and is primarily responsible for providing incentive application processing and outreach and events support. The position will focus on supporting program operations and providing information and outreach to interested customers and industry participants. The Project Associate must be organized, detail oriented, and able to independently prioritize his or her workload schedules based on the needs of the program(s). This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience and a rewarding career in the sustainable energy industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process incentive applications for DER programs
- Review project eligibility details and prepare incentive payments.
- Enforce project requirements, application procedures and standards.
- Maintain and update the online database of projects.
- Field inquiries about DER-eligible technologies and program requirements.
- Meet with public and respond to requests for information.
- Assist in coordinating workshops, events and various grass-roots marketing and outreach tasks.
- Participate and present CSE DER programs information and updates at events, webinars and workshops (working on evenings and weekends may be required)
- Participate in working group meetings and quarterly workshops, as requested.
- Perform various research requests from Project Managers regarding equity initiatives, policy or related topics.
- Provide overall operational support to the DER Project Manager.
- Outreach and Education
- Project Management Support
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of related experience (administrative and outreach)
- Bilingual reading, writing and speaking in both English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese preferred)
- Experience engaging disadvantaged communities and working with community-based organizations preferred
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines of multiple concurrent projects and implement quality assurance protocols
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships over the phone and in-person
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Comfortable working with diverse, technical projects and complex issues.
- Familiarity with energy equity issues with a general understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Ability to learn complex concepts, procedures and policies quickly.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently.
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.