Location: San Diego
About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Accelerating the transition to a sustainable world powered by clean energy.
Founded in 1996, the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to developing a clean energy future that addresses climate change, increases energy independence and generates lasting economic and environmental benefits. Our teams empower such innovation by leveraging expertise in clean transportation, distributed energy resources, energy efficiency, energy engineering and regulatory and policy support. As a trusted advisor, we partner with clients of all sizes to help achieve their sustainability objectives through a suite of energy services that include comprehensive program design and management, research and analysis, technical advising, incentive and rebate management, and education and outreach. Our headquarters are in San Diego with offices in Boston, Los Angeles and Oakland, Calif.
Rebate Processing Operations: Develop detailed understanding of the rebate processing platforms used on the projects. Follow processes and ensure that procedures maximize efficiency and meet project requirements. Process rebate applications. Provide training and assist team members with their work as needed. Provide guidance on how to process unusual applications. Help prepare invoices for accounting to issue rebate payments. Handle customer service calls. Develop and update email and phone communication templates for customer interactions. Develop deep project knowledge to ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency in daily operations and customer service. Handle escalated customer service calls as needed. Help document and update standard operating procedures. Follow data security policies and procedures for protecting applicant information. Monitor rebate system functionality and report issues. Monitor applicable sections of the online applications and report issues. Communicate regularly with leadership team to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements.
External Relations: Help write monthly summary and data reports. Help with record-keeping for monthly stakeholder meetings. Provide content and support for stakeholder presentations and annual reporting.
The ideal candidate:
- 2-3 years of experience in customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A bachelor’s degree may take the place of some work experience.
- An associate’s degree in an area relevant to the primary job duties and qualifications; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extremely detail and process-oriented with a logical, analytical approach to work tasks.
- Strong multitasking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of individuals with very diverse personalities and skill levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Ability to take strategic direction from the leadership team and proactively direct daily workload based on that direction.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and global warming is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred.
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Intermediate ability to use Adobe Acrobat.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include “Project Associate (San Diego)” in the email subject to facilitate sorting.