About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
- Manage and support the planning and execution of assigned projects.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects relating to successful implementation of assigned projects.
- Develop and oversee detailed project policies and guidelines, team roles & responsibilities, budgets, and schedules.
- Track and manage project activities and expenditures to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure accurate, timely billing of project activities. Continuously monitor project effectiveness and implement new approaches as required.
- Continually engage appropriate stakeholders to inform of project design, improve delivery of project activities and steer development opportunities.
- Manage critical client relationships, ensuring successful negotiation and delivery of project deliverables and ongoing client satisfaction. Manage the scheduling and logistics of working group and stakeholder meetings.
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships and contracts to ensure satisfactory completion of project objectives.
- Identify key program needs and support functional managers and teams in proposal development activities to ensure ongoing funding and strategic growth.
- Work with trade groups, local government representatives, regulators and funding agencies to gain buy-in and commitment. Leverage market research to tailor program design and scopes of work. Develop projects to meet all contractual terms and conditions of assigned contracts
- Monitor, track and provide updates to team on pertinent policy initiatives at local, state and national level.
- Supervise and coach support staff, as assigned, in delivering project activities.
- Manage program budget and regularly monitor actual expenses versus budgeted amounts. Communicate significant budget variances to executive management. Recommend budget revisions and/or changes to program activities that keep expenses within budget and staff utilization rates on target.
- Present at conferences, and in front of industry and community groups, and legislative bodies, producing research briefs, presentations and reports that correspond with project policy, research and communications efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Role Specific Responsibilities
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management; successful project management through all phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing) and project constraints (scope, quality, scheduling, budget, resources, risk);
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments;
- Able to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required
- Masters degree preferred
- 3 -4 years of related experience
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.