About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Manager plays a vital role in implementing Distributed Energy Resource (DER) incentive programs administered by CSE, including the Solar on Affordable Housing (SOMAH) program, and is primarily responsible for managing the regional project budget and scope for a statewide incentive program. Tasks and responsibilities include: oversight of project application reviews, customer and contractor interface, database entry and maintenance, marketing and outreach tasks, reporting, and incentives and budget tracking. This position requires extensive interaction with affordable housing developers, solar contractors, and their customers to ensure all program requirements are conveyed effectively. The Project Manager must be able to manage their workload and schedule to ensure project applications and program tasks are completed on time and within budget. This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience and a rewarding career in sustainable energy industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Program Oversight
- Supervise supporting staff in administering the SOMAH program which includes application processing, marketing and outreach campaign implementation, and public reporting;
- Manage client relationships with CPUC and participating SOMAH IOUs;
- Conduct periodic program process evaluations to streamline application and payment procedures;
- QA/QC project application review and processes;
- Present reports defining progress, problems and solutions for SOMAH program;
- Prepare program reports and analysis;
- Manage program administration and incentive budgets.
- Customer Service
- Represent CSE and provide exceptional customer service to property owners and solar contractors regarding solar PV systems, rebate program eligibility and application process;
- Address unique and escalated program issues;
- Field inquiries about DER-eligible technologies and program requirements;
- Meet with public and respond to requests for information.
- Outreach and Education
- Project Management Support
- Provide support to other team program managers, distributed energy resources managers and other CSE team members.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional, related experience. Working knowledge of project management best practices.
- Bilingual reading, writing and speaking in both English and another language (Spanish preferred)
- Extraordinary attention to detail, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships over the phone and in-person
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working with diverse, technical projects and complex issues
- Familiarity with energy equity issues with a general understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong conflict management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently.
- Prior work experience with solar contractor/industry, community based organizations, and public agency groups
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.