Location: Berkeley, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing budgets, timelines, and deliverables for EV charging incentive projects within the State of California. Under general supervision from the Senior Project Manager, EV Initiatives the Project Manager will coordinate stakeholder engagement, operational efforts, and general outreach activities for these projects. The Project Manager may be asked to manage 1-2 team members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Project Design, Reporting and Transparency: Make recommendations on project design, including needs assessments, drafting proposals, preparing marketing tools, and evaluation and reporting. Create, implement and manage activities that add value to the administration of this project and general EV market development. Create project reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis, survey work and project reporting.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Consumer Outreach: Interact with EV market stakeholders including, but not limited to, utility representatives, auto makers, dealers, fleet owners, air districts, government agency representatives, project partners, media, and others directly and indirectly related to this program. Assist with on-the-ground consumer outreach as needed.
- Project Operations: Monitor daily activities to ensure that procedures are working to achieve project goals and to support efficient processes. Develop and maintain project expertise to guide processing applications with unusual circumstances. Review project plans and budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Special Projects: Represent CSE programs and CSE at external events as necessary. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
The ideal candidate:
- 4-5 years of related experience. Required working knowledge of project management principles, managing grant agreements and government contracts. Preferred experience in electric transportation industry.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in sustainable transportation and energy and/or the automotive industry, such as environmental/energy policy, transportation planning, environmental planning, transportation engineering, public policy or environmental science. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management through all five phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing)
- Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in project budget management, tracking and reporting
- Understanding of transportation issues relating to greenhouse gas (GHG) and criteria air pollutant emissions
- Understanding of energy policies including the role of public and private utilities in state energy policy
- Understanding of electric vehicle and alternative fuel technologies
- Understanding of electric vehicle market development and trends
- Understanding of the Zero Emission Vehicle Mandate and other low carbon transportation policies including agencies involved in the development and execution of state low carbon transportation policies
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
- Demonstrated proficiency providing successful customer service and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions as needed
- Project management software programs preferred
- Experience with CRM and/or Salesforce required
- Budgeting software programs preferred
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.