About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating resources and managing budgets, timelines, and deliverables, and for evaluation projects that are part of a variety of clean transportation projects—mostly within the State of California, including the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project administered by CSE on behalf of the California Air Resources Board. Under general supervision from the Senior Specialist, Evaluation, and working closely with the Senior Principal Advisor, Transportation, the Project Manager will be:
- Managing many complex small-to-large projects, deliverables, and processes in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Working with research analysts to plan and guide diverse projects types relating to program evaluation, including: design and planning, analysis of participants, development of implementation and outreach strategies, and assessment of program impacts.
- Communicating and coordinating with many stakeholders across multiple departments within the organization, as well as select sub-contractors and clients.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Project Management: Manage all aspects relating to successful implementation of assigned projects. Develop and oversee detailed project policies and guidelines, team roles and responsibilities, budgets, and schedules. Track and manage project activities and expenditures to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget. Ensure accurate, timely billing of project activities. Continuously monitor project effectiveness and implement new approaches, as required.
- Create project reports and presentations.
- Contribute to data analysis and project reporting.
- Design, refine, and communicate (written, visual, and verbal) products aimed at high-level external stakeholders
- Participate in program evaluation activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and produce high-quality, refined work products
- Ability to collaborate with a team of analysts (e.g., designing requests, providing feedback and quality assurance)
- Computer competence, comfort, and demonstrated high-level abilities with programs such as (or comparable to) Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- In particular, extensive work in Excel at the intermediate level will be required
- Experience writing technical reports
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to write well and communicate complex topics effectively for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge of the electric vehicle market and related policies and technologies
- Familiarity with statistical tools
- Skills related to evaluation activities (e.g., program design, planning, forecasting, scenario analysis, consumer/participant research, outreach strategy, program improvement, and/or assessment of impacts)
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Masters degree preferred
- Training in project management preferred
- ~1+ year of related experience required
- Experience participating in evaluation activities (e.g., program design, planning, forecasting, scenario analysis, consumer/participant research, outreach strategy, program improvement, and/or assessment of impacts) is preferred
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.