About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Project Manager plays a vital role in implementing Distributed Energy Resource (DER) incentive programs administered by CSE and is primarily responsible for managing the marketing, education, and outreach (ME&O) activities and supervising supporting staff. The specific assignment for this position is to manage the ME&O campaign for a statewide incentive program, the Solar on Affordable Multifamily Housing (SOMAH) program. The Project Manager must be able to manage their workload and schedule to ensure program deliverables are completed on time and within budget. This position requires extensive interaction with affordable housing developers, solar contractors, and their customers to ensure all program requirements are conveyed effectively. This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience and a rewarding career in sustainable energy industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervise supporting staff in administering the SOMAH program marketing, education and outreach campaign implementation, including keeping projects on schedule and within budgets.
- Manage client relationships with CPUC, participating SOMAH IOUs, and external partners;
- Present reports defining progress, problems and solutions on SOMAH program marketing, education and outreach campaigns;
- Prepare program reports and analysis.
- Represent CSE and provide exceptional customer service to property owners and solar contractors regarding solar PV systems, rebate program eligibility and application process;
- Field inquiries about rebate-eligible technologies and program requirements.
Outreach and Education
- Assist in developing annual marketing, education and outreach plans with internal and external partners;
- Represent CSE by preparing and conducting ongoing training and education workshops on solar PV technologies for affordable housing property owners and solar contractors regarding the rebate program, including processes and eligibility criteria;
- Participate and present CSE DER program information and updates at events, conferences, webinars and workshops (working on evenings and weekends may be required);
- Draft and update content on CSE’s DER programs micro-site(s), marketing collateral, and presentation slide decks.
Project Management Support
- Participate in working group meetings, relevant subcommittees, and quarterly workshops;
- Serve as a point of contact for solar PV technology developments and policy goals in the equity sector, supporting the policy and business development teams;
- Provide support to other team program managers, distributed energy resources managers and other CSE team members.
The ideal candidate:
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing people and leading teams
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines of multiple concurrent projects and implement quality assurance protocols
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships over the phone and in-person
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working with diverse, technical projects and complex issues
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong conflict management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently
- Prior work experience with solar contractor/industry, community-based organizations, and public agency groups
- Ability to learn complex concepts, procedures and policies quickly
Bilingual reading, writing and speaking in both English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese preferred)
Experience engaging disadvantaged communities and working with community-based organizations preferred
Familiarity with energy equity issues with a general understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies
Education and Experience
4+ years of professional, related experience. Working knowledge of project management best practices
Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
This position occasionally requires work on evenings or weekends.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.