About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Processes clean vehicle rebate applications efficiently and accurately.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Process clean vehicle rebate applications using a customized Salesforce.com CRM system and other computer systems
- Follow detailed, standard practices and operating procedures to review rebate applications and varied, complex supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
- Make quick, consistent decisions following detailed program terms and conditions to determine rebate applicant eligibility
- Provide technical support to applicants for the online application and document submission processes
- Explain complex project requirements to applicants on the phone and in writing
- Use good judgment when speaking with applicants about non-public personal information
- Handle highly-sensitive documents that contain non-public personal information, following mandatory security processes
- Use template-based and customized emails to communicate professionally and accurately with rebate applicants
- Prepare and mail rebate checks to rebate applicants
- Work effectively with fellow team members to complete rebate processing tasks, assisting others when opportunities arise
- Identify issues which may require deviation from standard practices and work with team leads to implement solutions
- Communicate with the CVRP operations team leads and operations managers to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements
- Organize, scan, file, and store hardcopy rebate applications
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Role Specific Responsibilities:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong ability to work on more than one program.
- Ability to understand processes at a conceptual level, execute them correctly in an internet browser-based system, and ask questions when in doubt
- Ability to organize tasks in a way that suits your work style, accommodates your team members, and complies with required processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate facts and constraints effectively verbally and in writing, even during difficult conversations
- Ability to complete assigned work accurately and on time
- Ability to identify alternative solutions to assigned issues and recommend course of action
- Intermediate ability to navigate in Adobe Acrobat PDF files
- Intermediate ability to follow processes and execute tasks in an internet browser-based system
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Windows 7
- Basic knowledge of customer service principles, project management and best practices with data entry and documentation.
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com)
- Income verification or mortgage processing experience
- Associate of Arts degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree
- 2 years of experience in office/clerical work, customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for some work experience
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.