Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
This position is an integral part of the CSE’s Research and Analysis (R&A) team, which supports the organization’s policy development, program implementation, and marketing and outreach activities. The Research Analyst Assistant will contribute to CSE’s analytical capacity, particularly in the areas of quantitative analysis, data visualization and public reporting.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research and Statistical Methods
- Compile, read, and summarize existing literature to frame research efforts and inform policy.
- Program and test survey questions in online platforms.
- Assemble, manipulate and analyze data.
- Review analyses conducted by other research analysts for quality.
- Document research procedures and help develop SOPs.
- Contribute to written reports describing results.
- Work under the guidance of senior members of the R&A team to achieve objectives.
- Data Visualization and Reporting
- Support the development of web-based data visualization and reporting tools.
- CSE Program Support
- Support program staff or senior members of R&A team in developing presentations.
The ideal candidate:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent coursework in statistics, economics, computer science, social science, environmental science, engineering or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Coursework should show substantial analytical content.
- Additional work experience may be substituted to satisfy the education requirement.
- 0 - 1 + years of related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated propensity to proactively communicate with teammates and seek feedback on work
- Interest in working with data, research and sustainable energy initiatives
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Data visualization software (e.g., Tableau)
- Survey platforms (e.g., Survey Gizmo)
- Statistical analysis tools (e.g., STATA, R)
- Relational database development, maintenance and reporting
- GIS mapping software (e.g., ESRI ArcMap 9+, QGIS)
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.