Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Senior Manager of EV Programs is responsible for managing the execution of EV incentive programs, as both products and services, including the management of system platform development, product launch, and post-launch management of clients and stakeholders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Gather customer / market requirements for system platform development
- Work with systems development team to version and maintain platforms
- Develop and execute launch plans for products and services developed
- Develop and manage budgets for programs and subprojects
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop and execute marketing plans, ensure superior customer service, ensure proper accounting and invoicing.
- Represent CSE and client programs at external events as necessary. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Product management of software related products and services
- Demonstrated software versioning and launch management capabilities
- Ability to gather customer software requirements, and convert these into development specifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in project budget management, tracking and reporting
- Ability to manage multiple product lines and concurrent/parallel versioning activities required
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of product management experience related to software platform products and services
- Experience managing versioning activities using a variety of software development methods, including Agile
- Experience launching complex software systems to large customer bases / audiences
- Experience managing a portfolio of product lines and concurrent/parallel versioning activities required
- MBA preferred
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Project management software programs
- Experience with CRM and/or Salesforce required
- Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Excel)
- Microsoft Outlook
License, Certificates or Registrations:
- Product management training preferred
- Software development methodology training preferred, e.g., Agile
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CSE vehicles on CSE business. Must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.