About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
This Senior Marketing Manager role requires a well-rounded individual and has two distinct functional areas.
Lead the fundraising and execution of core Equinox Project activities, including the Regional Quality of Life Dashboard, while helping to integrate and grow this work within the wider portfolio of projects and programs.
Oversee program marketing, education and outreach strategies for clean energy programs.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Lead the fundraising and monetization efforts for the Equinox Project.
- Manage the planning and development of the Regional Quality of Life Dashboard, including the coordination of internal support staff, external advisory board and contract resources.
- Plan for and manage the regional expansion of Equinox Project activities.
- Oversee project implementation and manage program budget, ensuring satisfactory delivery on timelines, objectives and the quality of work products.
- Continue active engagement with existing funders in close coordination with CSE’s business development team.
- Work with the creative services team to create and enhance collateral/program material that demonstrates the value of Equinox Project activities.
- Raise public awareness of Equinox by presenting at conferences, and in front of industry and community groups, and legislative (local government) bodies.
- Support the production of research briefs, presentations, and reports that correspond with Equinox Project policy, research and communications efforts.
- Conduct interviews with media.
- Provide strategy and management for consumer marketing and outreach, including developing annual plans for clean energy projects.
- Leverage CSE’s resources to manage traditional and innovative channels including paid, earned and social media; community-based organizations and other strategic partnerships.
- Develop strategies and methods to engage target markets and stakeholders, with a special focus on increasing participation by hard-to-reach or disadvantaged communities including low income and multifamily.
- Work with project managers and marketing team to ensure marketing content is accurate and timely.
- Support outreach campaign implementation, reporting, data sharing and budgets including development, tracking, and approval of outreach materials.
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing strategies for online and offline channels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management; successful project management through all phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing) and project constraints (scope, quality, scheduling, budget, resources, risk);
- Experience in fundraising and grant acquisition. Working knowledge of managing existing grant agreements and government contracts.
- Understanding of or interest in sustainability and quality of life issues affecting the San Diego region and State of California;
- Proven ability to develop strategic marketing, education, and outreach plans.
- Experience effectively marketing to disadvantaged communities and low-income communities.
- Ability to propose and develop new ideas or methodologies.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, tactfully and persuasively to individuals and groups through all written and oral communication channels.
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments.
- Familiar with the electricity sector, water, transportation, energy efficiency, and/or distributed generation
- Prior experience working with or within public agencies, and understanding of the public policy process
- Prior experience working with Community-Based Organizations (CBO) to develop outreach plans.
- 1 -3 years experience in clean energy industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7 – 8 years of related experience.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.