Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, nonprofit organization based in San Diego that serves as an objective resource on energy issues for individuals, businesses, organizations, public agencies and local governments throughout California. CSE works to implement energy and climate policy in California through program development and management, technical assistance and education and outreach. With a primary focus on facilitating renewable, sustainable and efficient energy technologies and practices, CSE operates in five focus areas: energy efficiency, renewable energy, climate change, clean transportation and distributed generation.
CSE is looking to fill a senior project coordinator position within the Program Management Office (PMO). The ideal candidate is confident in handling a wide range of tasks and will be able to work both independently and with other members of the team. This person must be well organized, reliable and enjoy the challenges of supporting an organization of diverse people and program initiatives.
The Senior Project Coordinator will form an integral part of CSE’s PMO and programs department and will provide administrative and project management support to the Director of Programs, the Sr. Project Manager of the PMO and other members of the programs department. The senior project coordinator will play a vital role in supporting program needs for contracting, invoicing and reporting and will also support training and process improvement for the PMO. The Senior Project Coordinator must be able to anticipate the needs of the PMO and project managers, and prioritize their workload and schedule to meet these needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate day-to-day functioning of the programs department including scheduling and coordination of meetings, preparing and storing project documentation, and assisting on projects as assigned.
- Invoice preparation and processing including coordination with accounting, project team and vendors and contract managers, and tracking of expenditures, budgets and related contracts.
- Provide central organizational contact for extended team and stakeholders, planning and scheduling meetings, distributing meeting agendas, completion and distribution of meeting minutes and distribution of follow up materials.
- Ensure all standards are met and procedures are followed by the Project Managers and teams. Verifies that projects have implemented standards, work methods and processes.
- Assists Sr. Project Manager with support of CSE’s policies and procedures. Resolves complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resources to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Recommends procedural changes to improve PMO efficiency. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Acts as a problem solver to assist Project Managers with compliance of CSE’s standards and employs work experience to devise potential solutions.
- Acts as PMO representative and collaborates with other departments and individuals to promote effective communication on resources, projects and standards.
- Acts independently to prioritize work to accomplish urgent/unplanned deliverables on an as-needed basis
- Provide assistance with PMO trainings and process improvements; assist with creating presentation materials including PowerPoint development.
- Perform general clerical duties to include and not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and document preparation
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Sr. Project Manager, PMO and Director of Programs.
The ideal candidate:
- High school degree or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Minimum of five years of experience assisting at the executive level with proven ability to perform proficiently all assignments. Proven problem solving skills. Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop solutions.
- Competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills. Must be tactful in their dealings with people.
- Discretion, good judgment, organizational or management ability, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Prior project management experience and training is preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with superior attention to detail, and ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Initiative to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and agile, adaptable work practices.
- Ability to act with discretion, tact and professionalism; knowledge and application of principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management principles including invoice processing and budget tracking.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, stakeholders and clients working across multiple geographic locations with phone and email as primary communication.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create well-formatted documents and materials requiring interpretation and critical thought.
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
- Ability to interface with NetSuite CRM a plus
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.