Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Senior Coordinator, Dealership Engagement will be responsible for the development and general execution of a variety of projects relating to plug-in and fuel-cell EV Dealerships. Under general supervision from the Senior Project Manager, EV Initiatives (Transportation Department), the position will conduct multiple EV market facilitation projects, which are associated with the administration of the California Air Resources Board’s CVRP, and similar projects. This is a tremendous opportunity for a capable, experienced and collaborative professional to have a long-term, positive impact on the state of California’s transportation energy landscape through enabling widespread adoption of alternative fuels.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by new car dealerships specific to the sale and lease of electric vehicles, and experience providing education, outreach, coaching and support systems to address barriers. With experience and expertise, the ideal candidate can actively participate in the creation of appropriate tools and resources that help stakeholders achieve clean transportation goals. The successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder coordination and negotiation skills, friendly and professional customer service, and a “think outside the box” mentality that leads to identification and development of effective tools and resources that help target audiences (such as New Car Dealer Associations, new car dealerships, etc.) achieve shared objectives. Candidates with experience and/or an interest in access to clean transportation options for all Californians, particularly underserved communities, are preferred.
Other duties and special projects may be assigned, and this position will need to be flexible and open to changes in both the implementation strategy as well as the job description as the program grows and adapts to the marketplace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Program Implementation: Support day to day program activities including collaboration with team members to develop tools, strategies and resources for target audiences. Tap into stakeholder familiarity to ensure tools and resources align with both established technical standards and real life constraints faced by stakeholders. Appropriately and effectively coordinate tasks with matrixed resources.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Interact extensively with stakeholders (including, but not limited to, dealerships, auto groups, auto dealer associations, state agencies, air districts, automakers, media, and others); develop and maintain strong relationships to inform stakeholders of ongoing program developments. Develop and deliver messages to target audiences via newsletters, direct marketing materials, presentations, web content, social media, etc.
- Program Monitoring: Accurately track program data in Salesforce CRM, Excel, Smartsheet and other software; organize and analyze data to inform reporting requirements and program design improvements. Ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and to support efficient processes.
- Program Design: Make recommendations on future program design, including support for needs assessments, drafting proposals, creating content, preparing marketing materials, and evaluation and reporting.
- Reporting: Utilizing excellent writing skills, as key author, create program reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of experience directly related to the primary job duties and required qualifications. Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in area relevant to sustainable energy, such as business administration, environmental/energy policy, urban and regional planning, environmental planning, or environmental science preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse team.
- Understanding of The California Communities Environmental Health Screening Tool: CalEnviroScreen 3.0.
- Understanding of barriers to adoption by underserved communities and low-to-moderate income households.
- Exercise key judgement within defined parameters and demonstrate the ability to take appropriate actions when deviations are required.
- Understanding of electric-vehicle market development and trends
- Familiarity with electric-vehicle technologies & products
- Familiarity with technology diffusion or advanced technology adoption
- General computer competence and experience with programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent liaison and coordination skills
- Desire to seek new skills and opportunities.
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with diverse business and community groups.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating events and stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Experience with data entry and databases.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Proficient typing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to create well-formatted documents and materials.
- Experience with GoToWebinar or GoToMeeting/Join.me.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software preferred.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.