Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Oversees day-to-day operations of light-duty vehicle consumer incentive projects including, but not limited to, the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Oversees quality assurance/quality control of all consumer incentive application processing, related reporting, and financial controls. Coordinates with public agency staff to problem solve and assess areas for improvement within the projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain an understanding of, and comply with, all contractual terms and conditions of assigned projects.
- Track and manage project expenditures to ensure project activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure accurate, timely billing of project activities.
- Execute all operations-related project/contract deliverables on time and within budget.
- Monitor daily activities and processes to ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and maximize efficiency.
- Develop and maintain project expertise in order to provide direction to project staff regarding special cases.
- Review program processes periodically and recommend changes as necessary.
- Supervise and coach employees regarding customer relations, application troubleshooting, quality assurance/quality control, and all other activities related to consumer incentive application processing. Create professional development opportunities for staff.
- Manage multiple subcontracting contracts related to program operations as well as all external communications with public agencies related to project operations.
- Manage program budget and regularly monitor actual expenses versus budgeted amounts. Communicate significant budget variances to executive management. Recommend budget revisions and/or changes to program activities that keep expenses within budget and staff utilization rates on target.
- Manage across project teams and functions as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 9 – 10 years of related experience.
- 1 - 4 years of experience in clean energy industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management through all five phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing).
- Successful project management of all six project constraints (scope, quality, scheduling, budget, resources, risk).
- Demonstrated high-level of abilities of various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Fluent with MS Office 2016 Suite and Windows XP.
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Ability to oversee project associates, assistants, and other staff.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of managing grant agreements and government contracts preferred.
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience managing consumer incentive projects preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM platform preferred.
- Experience with advanced technology market transformation programs preferred.
- Familiarity with clean transportation policies and landscape preferred.
- Valid California driver’s license.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.