Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Berkeley, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Sustainable Transportation Intern will work on a variety of projects related to the San Diego Clean Cities Coalition and other transportation activities. The internship will last approximately 12 weeks (at 5 to 10 hours per week) with unpaid vacation during semester breaks. This position will be based out of CSE’s San Diego office. The intern will work on projects that involve outreach to local fleets about sustainability efforts, marketing and communications for specific programs, and assisting with other organizational activities such as data gathering and events.
What you’ll be doing:
Assist with San Diego Regional Clean Cities Coalition outreach:
- Solicit participation programs and consulting services.
- Produce newsletter and marketing materials.
- Gather and analyze partner fleet vehicle information.
- Build, maintain, and track relationships with partners.
- Populate database of current alt. fuel pricing
- Expand online presence through website improvements, blogging and social media.
- Assist in event planning, advertising, preparation, and execution.
The ideal candidate:
- Students working toward a Master’s or undergraduate degree, and tradespeople are encouraged to apply.
- 1-2 years of experience working in outreach, marketing, communications, customer service/sales or similar fields preferred.
- Experience with alternative fuels and vehicles is not required.
- Experience or interest in event planning.
- Passion for providing a high level of service to clients and multiple stakeholder groups.
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in data entry and analysis.
- Ability to work some off hours (evening/weekends) for events.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
- Experience with professional social media preferred.
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management tools preferred.
- Photography and graphic design skills may be helpful.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.