Plug-In SD Program
The San Diego regional plan addresses barriers to PEV adoption and deployment of electric vehicle infrastructure through best practices and recommendations. Plug-In SD will help develop a regionally consistent, streamlined process for permitting and installation of residential and commercial electric vehicle charging stations (EVCS), assist with EVCS siting and increase awareness of PEVs and EVCS. A regional EV expert will be available to provide direct technical assistance to municipalities and other EVCS stakeholders through outreach and education. For more information, please see the Plug-In SD fact sheet.
- Establish a regional EV expert to offer in-person EV consultations and technical assistance via phone and email
- Provide training and education to local government staff and officials on EVCS permitting and inspection processes
- Create and distribute informational materials such as EVCS installation checklists and permitting correction lists
- Develop jurisdiction-specific solutions and report on latest best practices available using relevant local resources
- Coordinate with contractors, inspectors and end users to improve EVCS installation processes
- Increase awareness of PEVs and EVCS through new car dealers and workplace promotion
- Promote EV expert technical assistance and resources for EVCS siting at multiunit dwellings
For technical assistance or to schedule an EV Expert Consultation, please contact the EV Expert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-967-5816.