CSE manages several projects on behalf of the San Diego Regional Energy Partnership, which includes the City of San Diego, County of San Diego, City of Chula Vista, San Diego Association of Governments, Port of San Diego and San Diego Gas & Electric. SDREP has created several resources for local stakeholders looking to advance the local market for energy efficient buildings.
Local Government Staff
Read the Zero Net Energy Roadmap to identify local policies that can be implemented to spur the market for zero net energy (ZNE) buildings. View a webinar to understand policies and technologies supporting California’s ZNE goals.
Commercial and Multifamily Building Operators
Benchmarking is a best practice for managing energy use and prioritizing buildings for audits and retrofits. San Diego County building operators can request no-cost technical assistance for benchmarking their properties using ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®.
Home Performance Contractors and Raters
View the Home Energy Upgrade Potential map to identify neighborhoods in San Diego County that are most prime to complete energy efficiency retrofits.
Real Estate Agents, Appraisers and Inspectors
Members of the San Diego real estate community are invited to sign a letter of support to expand the number of energy- and water-efficient features listed in the local MLS.
Previous SDREP Accomplishments
In addition to the ongoing work described above, CSE's accomplished the following on behalf of the SDREP in 2013-2015.
- 192 stakeholders engaged through Retrofit Advisory Council
- 2,537 San Diego area residents educated on home performance
- 145 Home Energy Tune-Ups completed
- 144 local government staff and other stakeholders educated on Zero Net Energy
- 678 HERS whole house ratings incentivized
- 49 GETUP Energy Upgrade Career Training graduates
- PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) Financing Map
- Analysis of streamlined permitting for Energy Upgrade California™ Home Upgrade projects
- Analysis of Home Energy Score serving as a proxy for HERS ratings