About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Support process improvement activities. Participate in strategic planning for CVRP Operations. Analyze operational models for effectiveness and suggest ways to improve.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Manage system integration projects, especially between the CVRP website, rebate database, and cloud-based document storage. Ensure that projects are implemented on time and within budget. Manage internal (program, finance, IT, operations) and external (database and web development) stakeholder relationships.
DOCUMENTATION: Document the technical specifications for the CVRP rebate processing platform. Develop a plan to transfer CVRP systems and information to the Air Resources Board. Help develop and write the final report associated with each CVRP grant. Provide other writing support (e.g., proposals) as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Experience defining business requirements for systems and projects.
- Ability to conceptually outline a high level-design of how a system would work based on business requirements.
- Ability to work with technical resources to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and document processes at a conceptual level.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with best practices benchmarking.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management through all five phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing).
- Successful project management of all six project constraints (scope, quality, scheduling, budget, resources, risk).
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to receive strategic direction from Senior Operations Manager and proactively work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solicit the voice of the customer.
- Ability to represent stakeholder concerns and requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and cooperate with a team of individuals with diverse personalities and skill levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing successful customer service.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and climate change is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience directly related to the essential functions and responsibilities of the position. Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in area relevant to the primary job duties and required qualifications. Master’s degree is preferred.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com). Experience with custom Salesforce development is preferred.
- Experience working with Drupal-based websites is preferred.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and Outlook.