About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Provides marketing and communications support for sustainable energy programs CSE administers focused on residential and commercial sectors. Provides support to CSE’s corporate marketing and outreach efforts, including coordinating and driving the development and implementation of digital marketing channels and collateral. In-house copywriter and editor to support all marketing, education and outreach initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides marketing and communications project management support for multiple program teams at CSE.
- Assists with developing digital marketing strategies for various programs.
- Writes, edits and proofs marketing communications materials, including client materials, reports, internal projects, press releases, social media copy and website content.
- Works collaboratively with design team, digital marketing, sales support and others to develop effective copy for digital and print campaigns and collateral.
- A contributing member of the public relations team providing media outreach and support for corporate marketing and program marketing teams.
- Manages and coordinates webinars, enhancing CSE’s position as subject matter experts.
- Coordinates the creation of digital content to help drive technology, program awareness/adoption and CSE’s positioning as subject matter experts. (Digital content can include but is not limited to blog posts, podcasts, social media, ads, videos, presentations, webinars, reports and e-newsletters).
- Assists with creating, refining and distributing HTML emails.
- Through data collection and analysis, continuously monitors the effectiveness of marketing efforts and implements new approaches as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in copywriting and editing.
- Digital marketing experience with direct experience coordinating the development of website content, developing and executing email marketing, managing a contact management database, coordinating digital advertising campaigns and creating and implementing social media strategy.
- Ability to optimize website content to incorporate SEO best practices.
- Ability to leverage Google Analytics to provide strategic website recommendations for increasing traffic and maximizing marketing effectiveness.
- Excellent written (emphasis on Associated Press writing style) and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to align internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player.
- Passion for renewable energy technologies.
- Experience in the automotive or renewable energy and energy efficiency industries, marketing products and services to consumers or businesses.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Experience with the following types of software: project management, social media scheduling/monitoring, media monitoring, email campaign distribution.
- Experience with SEO techniques.
- Experience drafting and delivering pitches to media.
- Experience researching and developing media contact lists.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 4-6 years of related experience
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- None required
- Works in an office environment
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have enough manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment customarily present in an office environment.