About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
We are seeking an individual to join our Engineering, Research and Analysis team in either our San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles or Boston offices. We offer a dynamic work environment that includes great people and a great mission-driven atmosphere. Working for a sustainable energy future is our job. Make it yours, too!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Travel to sites to perform surveys and audits.
- Provide project cost estimation support as needed.
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing findings.
- Assist project teams with equipment verification and engineering analysis.
- Develop customized data analytics for various tasks.
- Work with utility incentive programs.
- Act as lead engineer on various projects.
- Participate in and occasionally manage client relationships; internally across CSE and also externally.
- Assist with lead generation, proposal development and contract management.
- Assist with process improvement, group operations and overall growth of the group.
Skills & Qualifications
- Dedicated interest in EV infrastructure, energy systems, renewable energy, and sustainable practices for new and existing buildings.
- Willingness and adaptability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Strong writing, communication, and computer skills.
- Ability to travel locally as needed, and nationally if interested.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with typical electrical systems behind the meter in commercial and industrial facilities preferred.
- Understanding of power distribution system operation and associated Analytical Modeling preferred.
Education and / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in the Electrical Power and Energy industry.
- Registered Electrical Engineer in CA or able to obtain CA registration