About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Platform Development, the Product Manager works with CSE’s Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (EVI) team to define and deliver software platforms that facilitate the installation of EV charging infrastructure. The Product Manager is accountable for CSE’s EVI Incentive processing platform, including specifying capabilities, developing roadmaps, creating user stories, and grooming the enhancement requests/backlog. The Product Manager is responsible for collaborating with the platform development team (e.g., business systems analysts and developers) to ensure platforms are developed to meet client and stakeholder needs. This role also leads efforts to coordinate platform needs with CSE’s marketing team, coordinates QA, and leads launch activities – including coordination of internal departments. The Product Manager and must be resourceful, flexible, and accessible. This individual should have proven leadership and communication skills, and be conversant in agile methodologies. Ideally, the Product Manager will have technical and business acumen, product management experience with externally facing software products and services, and domain expertise in the EV Infrastructure space.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Work with CSE internal and external clients to define scope and capabilities of the EVI platform, including managing requirements gathering process between external and internal stakeholders
- Define and help prioritize stories and prioritize backlog to streamline execution of project priorities
- Act as key stakeholder in story definition assisting the team with clarification, estimates, story sequencing and team objectives for program increments
- Work with the platform development team throughout the product development, testing, implementation phases to ensure feature integrity and quality
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with development and business stakeholders in order to ensure timely and effective delivery of software features and defect resolution
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions
- Prepare and participate in project release planning
- Manage communications with stakeholders
- Drive and develop the team demo
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to productize software and services, recommend pricing structures, create value propositions, positioning, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of assigned work and follow through to completion
- Technical writing experience
- Project management experience
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently, and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary communication skills – ability to explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, computer science, engineering or other relevant field
- Product Management experience with EV Infrastructure software products/services