About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Program Manager manages a portfolio of electric vehicle (EV) incentive programs in support of CSE’s mission. Duties include working directly with clients, and leading the coordination of independent internal departments to implement program scope per agreed upon schedules and budgets. Scope of programs may include program design, outreach and education activities, partner management, platform development, rebate/incentive processing operations, and program transparency and evaluation activities that include data analytics. In addition, the Program Manager supports business development activities, including RFPs, related to EV incentive programs.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure programs are implemented in a manner that promotes/encourages widespread EV adoption.
- Work directly with clients to support their needs, including reporting on status and collaborating on opportunities to improve programs.
- Ensure the scope, schedule, and budget of each program is adequately defined with clients to set realistic expectations.
- For assigned programs, ensure all program scope and contractual requirements are met.
- Ensure budgets and timelines are adhered to, and that quality of deliverables to clients and stakeholders meet/exceed expectations.
- Work with CSE’s outreach and education teams and marketing department to ensure program awareness and participation are at desired levels.
- Work with CSE’s rebate/incentive processing operations team to ensure program needs are defined/understood so that SOPs and execution of rebate processing can efficiently and effectively take place.
- For assigned programs, define the necessary platform and systems capabilities from a business perspective, and work with CSE’s platform development team to ensure program websites and systems capabilities are implemented.
- Work with CSE’s transparency and evaluation team to provide program performance metrics to stakeholders.
- Work with CSE’s account management and business development team to establish new EV incentive programs. This includes helping these teams to creatively define the proper scope, schedule, budget to achieve both client and CSE objectives.
- Define and manage budgets for all assigned programs, including projected resource needs.
- Ensure invoices (in bound and outbound) are promptly reviewed and dispositioned in coordination with CSE finance and accounting department.
- Frequently report status to CSE management.
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience managing incentive programs, product management of complex product lines, and/or government/commercial programs similar in nature to EV incentive programs.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to coordinate/orchestrate teams comprised of members that are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly with executives.
- Ability to provide guidance and instruction to others in a friendly, professional and manner.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to make independent judgments and recommendations.
- Must be able to manage a steady stream of concurrent projects.
- Ability to logically diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- Leadership qualities/skills.
- Understanding of EV incentive programs, policy, and stakeholders.
- Business experience and/or training/education (e.g., BA Business or MBA)
- Project management certificate and/or formal training/education.
- Masters degree preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- 5+ years of related experience
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- None required
- Works in an office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment customarily present in an office environment.