Location: Boston, MA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Regional Director is responsible for leveraging their subject matter expertise and technical knowledge of the regional market to identify and drive new business opportunities in the Northeast. The Regional Director will serve as the region’s technical liaison, connecting potential clients and partners with in-house subject-matter and policy experts within CSE. The Regional Director in coordination with designated executive staff, will serve as the lead subject matter expert on Northeast strategy and engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as CSE’s regional spokesperson in your area of subject matter expertise related to clean energy, primarily solar, renewables and storage. Serve as the senior local representative for clients and partners on select projects.
- Help drive new business in Northeast by prospecting, partner development, client relationship development and pitching new business to support organizational growth goals.
- Support the development of an annual strategic plan to expand CSE business and presence in the Northeast.
- Present papers, speak publicly at and attend partner/stakeholder working groups, clean energy industry forums and conferences to build CSE’s brand in the Northeast.
- Present research and analysis results, case studies, policy recommendations, etc. to public agencies in coordination with CSE’s policy group.
- Work with other CSE staff to design and implement market transformation programs.
- Actively maintain extensive connections within your field of specialization.
The ideal candidate:
- Passion for CSE’s mission and approach.
- Deep subject matter expertise in behind the meter solar and storage technologies and markets
- An extensive network in the clean energy sector based in New England and New York.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in public policy, business, or technology preferred.
- At least ten years of experience with clean energy program development, complex technology projects and programs involving public agencies, utilities, and/or clean technology manufacturers.
- Demonstrated success in supporting business development and strategic engagement activities.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Experience working with or selling to public agencies; knowledge of government contracting.
- Experience with strategic account development and client relationship management.
- CRM, lead generation/management platform
- Experience in clean energy and related technologies, consulting sales and/or business development.
- Strong communicator, able to make effective “business case” through case studies, presentations sales, technical consulting pitches and proposals.
- Impeccable writing skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit as evidenced by a track record of accomplishing a lot on limited resources; experience with an “all hands-on deck” environment; and ability to act nimbly and strategically to grow new markets, develop teams and foster relationships.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functional areas.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of software and CRM tools.
- Ability to understand technical details as well as provide a broad vision.
- Passion for renewable energy and clean transportation.
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and contribute to a positive, upbeat work environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate proven success working in fast-paced environment.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.