About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Salesforce Developer leads the design and development of custom solutions for CSE’s internal and external clients. CSE solutions include application processing platforms for clean energy incentive programs, such as California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). These solutions include a front-end CMS system and back-end Salesforce and document storage systems. The Salesforce Developer reports to the Sr. Manager of CSE’s systems development team, and collaborates with a team of business analysts, and front-end and back-end developers (including external development partners) to design, develop, deploy, and maintain solutions.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- 5+ years experience designing and developing complex Salesforce solutions
- Analyze needs and architect solutions using traditional and/or agile development methodologies
- Design solutions that leverage Salesforce best practices and introduce new technologies when necessary
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Develop comprehensive configuration designs and architectural documentation to support the successful implementation of projects
- Identify and recommend salesforce.com based solutions, integration points and related implementation architecture for business usage improvements, scalability and performance
- Integrate Salesforce with other applications using web services and API’s
- Engage in code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices
- Identify any application/code security issues and recommend solutions to resolve them
- Integrate and test systems using automation and non-automation methods
- Strong foundation in version control, configuration management, deployment methodologies and release management
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to other team members
- Ability to work in varying development environments including Agile, Scrum or Waterfall
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven knowledge and expertise with Apex, Lightening Framework, the Salesfoce clouds, and API based integrations is required. Should also have experience with Salesforce involving integrated CMS (ie. Drupal) and document storage (ie. Box) solutions. Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills, Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- 3+ years of Apex, Visualforce and Salesforce application design and development experience
- 2+ years of Lighting Framework development experience
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming techniques.
- Expertise in Apex development - must be knowledgeable in Trigger Frameworks, TDTM, and governor limits.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related degree
- Advanced Salesforce certifications
- Experience working with external clients is preferred
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.